Headquartered in Kigali, Rwanda, Remera Sector, the Association of Genocide Widows Agahozo (AVEGA) was established to help reintegrate genocide widows, their dependents and survivors into Rwandan society following the 1994 Genocide committed against Tutsi. Today, AVEGA has district counselors who are providing psychological counseling services and advocacy for the Genocide survivors.
AVEGA under the agreement with FARG, seeks to recruit two qualified District Counselors to undertake individual group counseling and doing advocacy for Survivors of the 1994 Genocide against Tutsis.
-Closing date for applications: 15/10/2018
-Reporting to: Coordinator (Team Leader)
Under the direct supervision of Coordinator, District counselor will be responsible for the following activities/services.
. Carry out counseling services to Genocide survivors
. Advocating and guiding the needy survivors
. Organizing training for APS
. To continuously Monitor and evaluating FARG’s supported activities
. Keep the coordinator and district social protection officers updated on the progress and. obstacles of FARG-funded projects/activities
. Attend district coordination and partners meetings in his/her duty station
. Providing monthly reports to the team leader
. Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Secretariat of AVEGA
• Should be a holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Clinical Psychology or mental health
• Good interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills
• Demonstrated computer-based skills, including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and e-mail
• Developed level of initiative and able to work semi-independently and solve problems
• Experience of three years in offering individual counseling/therapy in a similar organizational context, and able to demonstrate a clear understanding of how this context impacts on therapeutic decisions
• Experience in advocacy of genocide survivors
• Experience in facilitating therapeutic groups and/or briefly focused workshops
• Ability to work as part of a large team and to manage the stress associated with peaks in demand
• Commitment to follow policies of the AVEGA Counselling Service, including flexible working when required
• Commitment to follow policies of partners (FARG, RBC, Districts….)
• Background in nursing will be an advantage
Interested candidate should submit their applications including a copy of degree certificate, copy of ID, CV and a motivation letter specifying the position applied for, addressed to the Legal Representative of AVEGA AGAHOZO.
Applications will be submitted in the Secretariat of AVEGA AGAHOZO located in Gasabo District, Remera Sector not later than 15th October 2018 at 4 pm.
All applications will be treated confidentially and due to a large number of expected applications, only selected candidates will be contacted.